Monday, August 3, 2009

Garage Band

One of my most interesting encounter was the garage band software used to create sounds. I had the option of choosing instruments to create my own sound and to later add voice and/or environmental or instrumental sound. It was pretty awesome. The group created some great compositions using different features of the software. You could hear the sound of the wind, thunder, drums and other instruments. I believe this is a great software that can be used to teach not just music/audio but can be integrated in various aspects of classroom instruction.

I have already downloaded the software and will not only use it at my school for personal gains, but will definitely share the ease of use and educational attributes with fellow staff members. I know the students will love it especially the boys...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melly,
    I am happy that you find the use of Garage band as a software that can be integrated in your classroom. I think it is a great way of allowing our students to become composers and producers. You may want to share this feature with your grade six teachers since the first unit in the Language syllabus deals with poetry and garage band can be used to evoke new interest in poetry

    ReplyDelete