Monday, August 3, 2009

MY LEARNING EXPERIENCE IN THE ADVANCED DIGITAL LITERACIES CLASS

The Advanced Digital Literacies classes at Western Carolina University this summer (2009), have certainly served as an eye-opener, especially to the changing meaning of 'literacy' in the twenty-first century.

During my five-week experience, i have come to terms with elements of robotics, 2D Animation, 3D Animation (Second Life), in addition to Movie Making, Sound Composition (Garage Band)and Image Composition. I was also privileged to be among a group of students who visited a CAVE set up at the Blueridge Community College.

Using these elements of digital literacy in my teaching should bring excitement to the process. I plan to have my students create their own movies, for example, for presentation purposes.

I will make a determined effort to put some handouts together to make a presentation to the members of the teaching staff on which i work, to bring them up to date with the digital palette that so befits teaching and learning in the twenty-first century.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely share your views. My experience was awesome. I did not know that I could have achieved this much!

    ReplyDelete